Through its three pillars of activities — Community, Knowledge Exchange, and Recognition – the Hollywood Professional Association (HPA) advances the arts, science and business of the media and entertainment industry.
Our mission is to:
The Hollywood Professional Association (HPA) is the trade association serving the community of individuals and businesses who provide creative and technical expertise, support, tools and infrastructure for professional content creation, distribution and archive.
- It is the mission of the HPA to provide global opportunities to discuss, acquire and share knowledge relevant to the professional media content industry ecosystem through educational and networking events, user groups, emails, and connected digital collaboration.
- We are dedicated to raising awareness of, and celebrating, industry achievements and advancements.
- We are committed to providing industry education, mentoring and career path support to our members and those seeking careers in the professional creative content and distribution industry.
- We seek to represent the interests of our members through participation in relevant forums, organizations and venues.
- We seek to provide forums for information and issues related to the establishment of industry standards, especially in service to our partnership with the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers.
HPA seeks to serve:
- Companies in the post production, digital FX or content creation service business.
- Individuals who are employed by post production service businesses and other individuals who work as professionals in administrative, technical and creative post production positions.
- Broadcasters, Studios and Production Companies and their employees who work as professionals in administrative, technical and creative post production positions.
- Manufacturers and providers of technology hardware and software to the professional post production industry.
- Businesses who provide services and support to the post production industry and allied organizations.
- Impact of significant technology changes on our business and our industry.
- Changing economic climate and its influence on our businesses.
- Need for our industry to be informed and skilled.
- Need for our industry to share knowledge within the entire post production community.