Demonstrations included new encryption-on-the-fly and smart folder authentication features for video and personal data encryption-at-rest solutions.
Los Angeles—Fortium, leading provider of digital content protection solutions for film, television and broadcast, demonstrated the latest features of its MediaSeal encryption ‘at-rest’ and ‘in-use’ solution at NAB 2018. Demonstrations showed how MediaSeal protects sensitive media files from cybercrime and accidental distribution without impacting post-production and localization workflows. New features include Smart Folders, for encryption-on-the-fly, and Smart Card. for advanced authentication. Fortium also demonstrated the latest version of Patronus, its DVD Screener anti-rip product.
With cybercrime on the rise, media and entertainment companies need to ensure their content has the best possible protection. “Leaks are becoming more common and the cost borne by victims, in terms of monetary loss and damaged reputations, is becoming every greater,” said Fortium CEO Mathew Gilliat-Smith. “MediaSeal is an easy-to-use and effective tool for securing files during film and television post-production, sound and picture editing, localization and marketing production. It protects files from theft and accidental loss at rest, in motion and in use.”
In other NAB news….
- Fortium CEO Mathew Gilliat-Smith participated in a panel discussion on security as part of Avid Connect 2018 at Wynn Las Vegas. Titled Security in the World of Media: Content Is King, Keep It Safe!, it is scheduled for Saturday, April 9, at 2:00 p.m. Gilliat-Smith will be joined by Microsoft Azure’s Joel Sloss and moderator Brad Dick of The Broadcast Bridge.
- Mathew Gilliat-Smith appeared in a live-streamed interview on Digital Production Buzz.
- Fortium will took part in an NAB Show Live panel discussion on Security in the Cloud.
- Fortium will gave an NAB Destination NXT Spotlight Talk on cybersecurity.
- Fortium led an NAB CM|IP Presentation entitled Your Risk, Your Reputation – Security Is Our Biggest Challenge at the CM|IP Presentation Theater, SU13205CM.