- by Max Ma
- No Comments
- posted in Awards, Home, HPA Newsline, HPA Press, NET, Tech Retreat News, Tech Retreat UK, Uncategorized
1020 N San Vicente Blvd
West Hollywood,CA 90069
HPA SCRG Moves to New Date and Time! Mark your calendars for August 3rd at 11:30 am
Due to the July 4th holiday week, we received a lot of feedback from people who would like to attend our new revitalized SCRG event, but will be out of town on July 7th. So, we are moving the event to August 3rd, still at the fantastic London West Hollywood.
To capitalize on the change, we are going to move back to a lunchtime format. So, mark your calendars for an 11:30 am – 2:30 pm event.
For any of you who have already registered for the July 7th date, we’ll gladly transfer your registration to the new date and time. If you can’t make it, we’ll happily either refund your registration or transfer it to a colleague.
We are looking forward to an excellent session that includes industry experts from Netflix, Sony Pictures, DigitalFilm Tree, Microsoft, AMIA, Media Silo, 5th Kind, Fox, Sfera Studios, Technicolor, Deluxe and Sohonet in an interactive roundtable discussion format. Meet these experts to discuss important topics of the day in an intimate environment. Enjoy lunch and networking as a bonus!
We are busy working on all the details but here are some topics that have been generating a lot of buzz in the industry:
- IMF – For Production, Post and Archive
Mitch Jacobs, Fox
Brian Kenworthy, Netflix
- IMF – For Servicing & Delivery. How is it Working for the Buyers of All This Great Content?
Greg Geier, Sony Pictures
Ryan Kido, Consultant
- HDR “Considerations, Confusion, Collaboration, “Early” Conclusions”
Devin Sterling, Deluxe
Christian Zak, Technicolor
- Compute and Storage in the Cloud – How Far Have We Come
Guillaume Aubuchon, DigitalFilm Tree
Eliot Sakhartov, Microsoft
- VR – Virtual Reality in Production & Post
Stephen Fromkin, Tailspin Media
Daniel Oberlerchner, Deluxe VR
- Archiving – “What needs archiving,” “How much bigger are these files getting,” “Serviceability?,” ” Oh and don’t forget we need to archive the VR files now.”
Andrea Kalas, AMIA
- Audio – Interoperability for Immersive Audio
Scott Gershin, Technicolor
Bob DeMaa, DTS
- Moore ’s Law & Transport of Digital Files
Chuck Parker, Sohonet
- Operational Excellence: Getting Video to The Cloud Faster
Tim Napoleon, All Digital
- Localization – Supply and Demand & Special Cases such as Day and Date needs.
Tohru Iokibe, Sony
Morgan Fiumi, Sfera Studios
- “Scoring the Hat Trick of Software” – Balancing cost, ease of use and security for each step in the supply chain.
Matt Thomas, MediaSilo
Steve Cronan – 5th Kind
Topics may change between now and the actual event. Stay tuned for names of who will be leading these conversations.
Valet parking is $15 per car, no self parking available at the hotel.
As always, if you are interested in being part of this event or the next one, please feel free to email us and we can discuss.Register Now!
Refunds will carry a 10% deduction of the total fee paid to cover processing fees which are assessed both at the time a charge is made and a refund is issued. NO REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS AFTER 27 July 2016. However, you may transfer a registration to another individual.