- by Max Ma
- No Comments
- posted in Awards, Home, HPA Newsline, HPA Press, SCRG, Tech Retreat News, Tech Retreat UK, Uncategorized
4222 Vineland Ave
North Hollywood,CA 91602
NET returns – Mark your calendars for a valuable event on May 24th
Take a peek at what’s in store for 2017’s first dynamic NET lunch on May 24, where attendees engage with leading experts for a multi-track, informative deep topic dive:
3 tracks of topic tables:
- Content Complexities and Workflows
- Immersive Content and Experiences
- Machine Learning, Cognitive Services and AI
Tables are hosted by experts from outstanding companies who lead and drive lively discussions. Attendees shuffle tables while the hosts stay put.
- Today’s Mastering and Distribution: The Joys and Challenges of IMF, UHD, HDR and the Likes, As We Near the Half Way Point of 2017 – A discussion which will no doubt be lively with a good mix of opinions and point of views from the guests of this table.
Greg Geier, Sony Pictures
Ryan Kido, Disney
- Hybrid Content & Creative Workflows – How Adobe is addressing their growing and diverse range of customer content and creative workflow needs with their ever-growing range of cloud based services and products.
Van Bedient, Adobe
- Building Workflows and Solutions Without the Legacy – Discussing the challenges and pleasures Amazon Studios have had and continue to have as they build out their world class environment.
Callum Hughes, Amazon Studios
Luc Comeau, Levels Beyond
- Away From Home Movie Productions and Remote Networking to the Home Base - While networks are getting faster, camera files are getting bigger. Network security for original camera negatives remains paramount. At what point do we generate our security back-up, on-set or at home base? After 10 years working together on remote locations, Joachim and Joshua have the experience to take you on a deep dive of this topic.
Joachim Zell, EFILM
Joshua Gollish, DIT
- Reality of Reality and Scripted TV Workflows and Innovative Approaches – 3 Ball Entertainment will be hosting this discussion to give a look into their workflows and challenges and how they are innovating around their needs and workflows.
Zach Beggs & Neil Coleman, 3 Ball Entertainment
- 360˚ Content and the Immersive Experience – Covering some of the many changes seen over the last year in the 360˚ video space. The discussion will walk you through the timelines, challenges and workflows of today’s projects while prepping you for the explosive growth and ground breaking changes expected in this very young and promising medium.
Greg Bond, Blend Media
John Grod, Jaunt VR
- QC Time – VR, AR and 360 Content – A discussion focusing on the QC needs for this growing type of content.
Paulette Pantoja, BluFocus Inc.
Jason Gish, Testronic
- Integrating Cloud Solutions Into Production and Post – Bruce and Bhavik will lead an engaging discussion about why the unique needs and nuances of the media and entertainment industry are driving innovation in the public Cloud, and how to manage the complexities of integrating Cloud services into production, post, distribution and broadcasting.
Bruce K. Long, BeBop Technology
Bhavik Vyas, Amazon Web Services
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) meets (AR) Augmented Reality – In a world where things are blending together faster and faster, Facecake is a technology company with a platform that does just this. Facecake blends together AI and AR along with rich content to deliver a user and consumer experience in the retail space for clothing and cosmetics.
Linda Smith, Facecake
- AI & Machine Learning outside of M&E – From drones and live events to SKU’s in retail, Jason and John will be leading a discussion covering how AI and Machine Learning is changing the way content is being used outside of M&E. From there they will be tackling how and when the M&E space will be impacted by these outside factors. Jason and John bring extensive experience working in Technology throughout the M&E space and a background in financial cloud services which use AI and Machine learning to the discussion.
Jason Brahms, Video Gorillas
John Motz, GrayMeta
- All things VR/AR and Immersive
Nick Mitchell, Technicolor Experience Center
- Virtual Reality: Production, Post production and Live Broadcast – Case Studies and Challenges - Lucas Wilson has produced more than 50 full VR experiences spanning a gamut from mono360 to multi camera live 360 + 4K broadcast. Case studies, questions, and discussion!
Lucas Wilson, SuperSphereVR
11:30 – 12:00 pm check-in and networking
12:00 – 12:45 pm grab your lunch, welcome remarks and 1st roundtable
12:45 – 1:05 pm networking
1:05 – 1:25 pm 2nd round table
1:30 – 1:50 pm 3rd round table
1:50 pm dessert and networking
HPA/SMPTE Members $75
Parking is $10 payable onsite.
What’s NET? The Next Level of Networking
NET provides connection and education to any member of the creative technology and business community. From marketing and business development team members to engineers, creatives, executives and young professionals, NET provides the platform to meet peers, learn what’s happening in the industry, and explore the latest technologies.